Ceviche is a cultural phenomenon. This dish, made of marinated seafood meat, has dozens of versions – almost as many as there are countries in Latin America. Mexico, Honduras, Colombia, Ecuador, Chile, Panama… each one has its own way of preparing ceviche, and Peru considers the dish cultural heritage! Even the spelling varies; depending on where you are, you may see the word with a “v” or with a “b”.
Today, we want to share with you the ceviche recipe from our country. This is how Panamanians cook one of their most famous dishes. We hope you find it as delicious as we do.
What you will need to prepare your exquisite Panamanian ceviche is:
1. The first thing you have to do is prepare your work area very well:
2. To start with the preparation, you have to place the seafood in a glass container and add the lemon and vinegar little by little, mixing constantly, but taking care not to crush them. This will ensure that the product stays fresh.
3. Later, we will add the onion, the coriander, and the mustard, and we will continue mixing. Afterward, we’ll add the seasoning with the other spices and as much salt as you like.
4. Now, we will pause and let the mixture rest, so that the seafood and fish marinate well.
5. And all set! Now you can serve it and enjoy it like never before.
To eat it, you can accompany the dish with some crackers or some crispy toast, as well as a refreshing beer.
This recipe is an excellent option to take to a party or gathering. Surely you will surprise everyone with an original delicacy, and you will be able to show off your incredible chef skills. Bon appétit!